Thursday, July 12, 2007

Poor kitty cat!

Draco and I had two really bad days. I swear I thought I killed my cat!

His numbers went really really low last Saturday and this past Monday. I was so freaked out. I was feeding him dry food, milk, honey, karo syrup, anything to bring his numbers up. I was on the felinediabetes.com health board getting advice the whole time. Those people on that board are wonderful and kind. I appreciate everything they have done for me and my cat.

Once a cat has had one of these episodes, apparently they are more sensitive to insulin. I didn't know this! So on Monday I gave him .75u, and that was just too much for him. His blood sugar went down to 45, three hours after the shot! Draco usually dips until 6 hours after his shot. I was freaking out. I was also incredibly upset with myself for being so stupid.

Well, we got through it and he's okay (I had a few stressful nightmares because of it, but nonetheless).

So, here's to Draco's health!!

No comments: