Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'm Baaaack!

My husband and I got back late last night (Sat night). We had a blast on our cruise, but we are sooo happy to be home. We traveled for 14 hours yesterday-that sucked.

So I picked up Draco from the pet resort as soon as they opened. He's been meowing something fierce all day. I'm thinking it's the stress from being away from home for a week.

I tested his BG levels at +6, he was at 151! I don't know how that happened. He's been running around the house all crazy. I think they may have given Draco the wrong insulin. When I left w/his insulin bottle, I double checked to make sure it was the right one. It wasn't! It belonged to the other diabetic cat there. It was Lantus!! That's what I'm hoping to switch Draco to this week. I'm calling my vet at 8 am on Monday to request that he order it. If he doesn't agree, I'm switching vets. Simple as that.

I gave back the Lantus and took my Novolin home. I'm gonna test Draco in a couple of hours before his next shot.

I'll post on what the vet says manana!

Laters.

No comments: