Tuesday, July 3, 2007

First day on Lantus

So, today was our first day with Lantus. Okay okay, it's one day, but here are some of his numbers:

AMPS 437
+2 305
+4 267
+6 224
+11.5 (PMPS) 397

So that's it for now. The exciting thing is he didn't get back over 400 at 11.5 hours! That is amazing! I've been working with Lisa, she is a feline diabetic expert. She has been fantastic at answering my gazillion questions. She suggested I stick it out at 1 unit 2 times per day for 4 or 5 days. I plan to take another curve in a few days to see how his body is responding.

On Novolin he peaked at +3, then his numbers started going back up rather quickly. I'm so excited to see that Draco actually stayed in the 200s for a few hours!

This is silly I'm sure, but I think that accidently getting the Lantus bottle at the pet resort on Sunday, was a sign! It was a sign to put Draco on Lantus. (of course I returned that bottle!!)

Draco has been getting better at letting me poke his ears. I massage his ears at various times so he doesn't associate ear touching w/a poke! He starts to purr now when I rub his ears to get ready to poke him! I sure am sneaky!

1 comment:

KIC said...

Wow. I think that is a great first lantus curve. Lantus often doesn't start curving that early. Don't get discouraged if it isn't that good every day at first. Give it a few days and if the numbers don't peak any lower than that you can ask about increasing a teeny bit.